An ordinary person may consider meditation as a worship or prayer. But it is not so. Meditation means awareness. Whatever you do with awareness is meditation. “Watching your breath” is meditation; listening to the birds is meditation. As long as these activities are free from any other distraction to the mind, it is effective meditation.
For beginners it is easier to start with guided meditation ,where during the meditation you are guided by words and gentle soft music what to see with your inner eye. You can go on a vacation , travel through the space or just relax in a meadow filled with beautiful flowers during your meditation.
Meditation is very simply and humbly a break for your busy mind. Your mind is always working very hard and at night even harder. It deserves a break and restart and refreshment which is easily attained through meditation. Even a short meditation of only 10 minutes can affect the brain positively.
Here are some benefits of meditation :
- Allows for healthier flow of oxygen to the brain, which means clearer thinking and better reasoning skills.
- Meditation actually relaxes the nervous system, leading to a decrease in multiple stress-induced reactions.
- It also lowers your heart rate to a healthier level.
- The act of meditating, as well as the meditative exercises themselves, creates a more self-actualized individual.
- Develops emotional maturity as one learns to be calm in the face of drama.
- Increases the release of serotonin in the brain, a chemical that improves mood and makes one feel good naturally.
- Those who meditate are able to see the big picture in order to solve complex problems.
- The relaxing effects of meditation lead to less aggressive behavior in individuals.
- Slows down the racing thoughts that often keep people distracted and awake at night. In general, those who meditate find that they fall asleep easily.
- Offers an opportunity to develop a deeper understanding of oneself.
- Allows an individual to feel a sense of connection to everything and everyone, increasing the personal capacity for love and acceptance.
- Increases patience in those who practice, as they are less agitated and are even able to engage in meditation at times (like waiting in lines) when others would become annoyed.
- It is common for those who meditate to discover a significant increase in their energy levels.
- Increases creative output as the left and right hemispheres of the brain communicate more effectively and the mind is filled with less clutter and better able to focus in new directions.
- Can be used in conjunction with other forms of medicine or therapy to enhance physical and mental outcomes.
- Improves one’s ability to “live in the present” rather than always fretting over future desires or past regrets.
- Improves the ability to recognize one’s own thoughts and thought patterns, thereby allowing for self-reflection, acknowledgement, and even change.
During the sessions I will be teaching you how to meditate .And provide you with a CD with several meditations you will be using on your own in between the sessions. Once you learn what meditation is and how it feels it will become a part of your lifestyle.
( Results May Vary ) *